Please help the Pasco County Commission on Human Trafficking to increase awareness about the crime of human trafficking. July 30, 2017 is World Day Against Trafficking In Persons. In 2013, the United Nations member states adopted a resolution which declared that such a day was necessary to “raise awareness of the situation of victims of human trafficking and for the promotion and protection of their rights.” Human trafficking is a form of modern slavery that occurs in every state, including Florida. Florida consistently ranks third in the nation with regard to the number of calls made to the National Human Trafficking Hotline. In 2016, Florida had the third highest number of human trafficking cases in the country, with 550 cases reported.
You CAN help!!
- If you suspect human trafficking, call the National Human Trafficking Hotline at 1-888-373-7888.
- Raise awareness and share that July 30th is World Day Against Trafficking In Persons on your social media. You can use the hashtags #givehope or #EndHumanTrafficking. Share the infographic below!
- Support the Pasco County Commission on Human Trafficking by:
- Promoting that our PSA’s will be airing on the CW/WTOG-TV, a subdivision of CBS, from August 28th through October 27rd. These PSA’s will air in 10 central Florida counties and are estimated to make 12 million impressions.
- Helping us to increase awareness about this issue by sharing the attached flyer on your social media, at outreach events, or via any other method that is appropriate for your organization.
- Requesting a training from the Commission on this topic by sending me an email. We offer CEU’s!!
- Following us on Twitter and Facebook @knowmorepasco
- You can learn more about human trafficking from the experts by attending the 2017 Human Trafficking Summit in Orlando on October 2, 2017. To register or for additional information, please visit humantraffickingsummit.com.